We are a 30 year old full service investment banking firm located on Wall ST. We focus on providing corporate, institutional & private clients with independent advice, execution, and opportunities. We have recently begun an initiative to expand our New York City team with quality, Financial Advisors ,Stock Brokers, and Trainees.
The Trainee Program is seeking creative, entrepreneurial, individuals who are motivated to become successful Brokers. The mentorship program is structured to provide you with the necessary tools and strategies needed to build a long-term client base. The training program is focused on preparing and developing those who want to pursue a career in Financial Services.
Right Job for Right Person
Do not hire prior of current clients
BOOKKEEPER / OFFICE Manager for S.I. office. Min. 10 yrs. experience.
Must know Accounting, Quickbooks, Invoicing, Bank Reconciliations, A/P, A/R,
Insurance & office management experience. Excellent organizational skills.
Fax resume 718-556-0057 or email resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Staten Island, NY
PAYROLL & A/P POSITION for S.I. Marine Co.
Medical, dental & 401k. Full time.
E mail to: email@example.com
Staten Island, NY
This is an excellent opportunity for a pragmatic business facing Quant with experience across portfolio analysis and asset allocation.
The successful candidate will liaise with various teams internally, work alongside PMs/Investment professionals and work on Research projects in a cross-asset team. The role reports direct to the Global Head of Quants. The team are responsible for developing, testing and implementing asset allocation models in a marco & relative value trading arena. Candidates will also be responsible for developing portfolio construction tools and optimising models.
Candidates should have an excellent academic background and ideally be strong in Python, C++ and/or C#.
This is a superb chance to work for an industry leading firm in a hands-on delivery focussed role.
My client will not sponsor candidates for this hire.
Please get in touch to discuss further – firstname.lastname@example.org
we're looking for a self starter who can work independently to assist the President of the company. Candidate should have a working knowledge of Quickbooks and experience in bookkeeping. Must be strong in AR collections, payroll and have personable phone skills. Duties will also include answering the phone, entering orders, AP, maintaining inventory of raw materials, ordering supplies and organizing the office environment.
Salary: 0 - $10,000
PART-TIME ACCOUNTANT URGENTLY NEEDED.
PLEASE FOWARD YOUR CVS TO MR BARRY COLE(HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER) email@example.com HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT(TOMBIDS CONSTRUCTION).
Openings for a career & wealth management.
To be trained with on the job classes in the development & management of equity portfolios
which also include mutual funds, option strategies & alternative investments.
Also sponsorship to obtain the Series 7 license or the Series 65 license.
Must have sales skills & want to succeed. Starting salary & incentives.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once received, if you are qualified, you will be called in for an interview.
STATEN ISLAND, NY
compensation: Salary / commission
Full service broker dealer looking to bring in a junior broker for our Melville office. We provide \
The position is a highly entrepreneurial role,. Rep's have access to a full range of wealth building, managing & preserving services throughout the firm, including mutual funds, stocks, bonds, IRA's, credit & lending, insurance, estate planning and many other services.
Prospecting high net worth individuals
Building a book for yourself.
Learning about financial products.
If you have a series 7 or 63 license or looking to take your series 7 & 63 license ...then you should apply.
Again this is an job opening for someone who is looking for a career not a job. Please apply if you are licensed. (you don't need to have an established book). Or looking to pass your licensing exams .
Please Call KEN @ 631 608 2093…….
• Accounts Payable: enter invoices with accurate expense & class coding, print checks or prepare ACH & wire payments; review & manage extensive credit card transactions for importing into QuickBooks; maintain vendor files & issue annual 1099s; make quarterly royalty payments
• Accounts Receivable: generate invoices for domestic and international engagements, make electronic deposits and record earned & contributed revenue; capture & record credit card & PayPal income; assist with collections to ensure receipt of all income from touring, special appearances, master classes & concessions sales
• Perform general accounting and finance duties, such as bank/cash/account reconciliations, make journal entries as required including bi-weekly payroll entries
• Assist with year-end closing, GL reconciliations and reclassifications
• Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board of Directors; record minutes at Finance Committee meetings
• Complete various government reports, surveys and filings
• Provide key support for annual audit; prepare schedules as needed
• Enter budgets into QuickBooks & maintain the integrity of the chart of accounts in all transactions
• Maintain adequate internal controls and procedures in compliance with GAAP
Human Resources Responsibilities:
• Work with staff to ensure the complete accuracy and timeliness of employee payroll in a highly dynamic environment
• Submit bi-weekly payroll covering 30-80 individuals via ADP, add new hires and terminations, ensure garnishments, repayments, and elective deferrals to 403(b) plan are met; distribute paychecks & vouchers
• Maintain personnel records, collect new hire documentation, assist in employee orientations and provide benefits information to new F/T staff
• Enroll and terminate employees on group insurance plans; verify invoices for accuracy; handle COBRA administration
• Manage workers comp coverage for touring employees; assist with workers comp audit
• Administer vacation and sick day system & post planned absences to Google calendar
• Respond to unemployment claims
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Arts Management preferred, or a strong combination of relevant experience and training. Experience with QuickBooks, ADP, Excel, Expensify & non-profit accounting highly desired. The successful candidate has superior organizational skills; a work style that is thorough, accurate and detail-oriented; possesses excellent communication skills & has the ability to respond swiftly in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full time, salaried position with a full benefits package including: medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance, and an optional 403(b) plan.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume, along with salary history and/or requirement with “Finance & HR Associate-Your First & Last Name“ as the subject line to: email@example.com.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ SALES ASSOCIATE Full time Kitchen and Bath Company seeking experienced individual, quickbooks a must.
Apply by E mail resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client a major Financial Institution based in Westchester,has asked us to locate a Tax Manager.
Responsible for managing the company’s tax planning, compliance, transfer pricing policies, tax audits and financial statement tax accounting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews and evaluates the Company’s global structure as part of tax planning and efficiency/appropriateness.
2. Sets the company’s transfer pricing policies, assists in the implementation of policies and develops required transfer pricing documentation. Calculates transfer pricing.
3. Prepares the U.S. monthly tax provision in compliance with FAS 109 and FIN 48, provides appropriate documentation for all positions.
4. Reviews tax provisions for other entities and provides guidance/support for preparation.
5. Develops and implements tax planning projects where applicable. Proactively reviews opportunities and presents to CFO for consideration.
6. Oversees all global tax projects and coordinates/communicates with Finance leads in all countries. Provides frequent updates to CFO.
7. Works with outside providers and operating unit personnel preparing government tax filings and managing any related audits.
8. Primary contact for IRS and supports other entities during examinations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS/ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE TO DO THE JOB:
1. BS/BA in Accounting. MBA and/or CPA preferred. JD a plus.
2. Minimum 8 - 10 years of progressive tax experience.
3. Some public accounting experience helpful.
4. Strong leadership ability, presentation/organizational skills and ability to translate tax information into understandable terms for line and staff management.
If interested contact:
Stan Hamlet Associates Inc
White Plains, NY
Check our website www.Stanhamlet.com for additional opportunities
Manages the day-to-day operation of the accounting office and assists the property Director of Finance and Accounting in providing financial leadership to the business. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control. Assists with capital expenditure plans (Return On Investment Analysis), owner relations and owner reporting.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Accounting Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the management team and to lead own team.
• Creates a working environment that enables the retention of top talent and where individuals perform at their best.
• Encourages open dialogue between team members.
• Assigns team members and other department managers clear accountability to accomplish goals.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
• Generates and reviews financial reports that are linked to the plan’s financial goals.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
• Reconciles balance sheet and ensures account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Produces accurate and timely financial reports to support effective decision making.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
• Documents tax exempt transactions.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities.
Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides on going analytical support (e.g., monitoring the operating department’s actual and projected sales and profit and coaches management team to ensure financial goals are met and opportunities are identified and addressed).
• Orients property managers to the accounting function and coaches to effectively manage their departments financial performance.
• Provides meaning or context to the financial results.
• Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.marriott.com/careers/JobDetail/New-York-NY-United-States-SrAsst-Dir-Finance-Acct/170188