What you’ll be doing...
The SEC Reporting Consultant will be primarily responsible for the preparation of periodic filings with
the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), primarily Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well
as other ad hoc projects that require externally reported financial information.
- Responsible for the preparation of periodic filings with the SEC, primarily Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including footnotes and Management’s Discussion and Analysis.
- Responsible for preparing proper XBRL tagging.
- Work to develop solutions to accounting / disclosure issues and propose solutions to the Senior Manager.
- Responsible for researching technical accounting issues and evaluating the disclosure impact related to new events and activities, as well as the impact of new accounting standard updates, as needed.
- Work with corporate accounting and accounting policy teams to understand transactions that the company enters into and the accounting treatment / disclosure in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Collaborate with Investor Relations, Legal, Treasury and the business units to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of results and messaging to external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals across the business as needed to resolve accounting and reporting issues and open items.
- Serve as key contact to the external auditors and assist in fulfilling audit requests.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of experience working in public accounting or SEC reporting experience.
- Knowledge of US-GAAP and SEC requirements and accounting practices.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in compressed time periods.
Even better if you have:
- Masters in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA, or in process of obtaining with parts passed.
- Working knowledge of the complexities of a large global company and ability to operate within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2516181-accounting-consultant-sec
• Post ID: 163143112 newyork