What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Accounting Policy team is the global professional practices group within Verizon. Your position is expected to contribute to these areas:
- Participate in strategic initiatives, new product offerings, partnerships/joint ventures and other key drivers of Verizon’s future growth
- Assist senior management with making critical business decisions by providing the proper accounting treatment and impact analysis
- Accelerate transformation and change, create best practices and drive continuous process improvement
- Work with department and business leaders on front-end process ideas, solutions and change
- Establish, maintain and support compliance with company-wide accounting policies
- Research accounting issues and prepare accounting documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Review and provide technical guidance for material transactions and complex accounting issues
- Support implementation of new accounting standards
- Review business unit initiatives and transactions to ensure consistent application of the Company’s revenue recognition policies
- Understand the processes surrounding the Company’s various revenue streams
- Provide guidance and support other finance and business unit initiatives
- Research emerging accounting and reporting issues and prepare and submit comment letters on behalf of the Company
- Develop and present technical accounting training sessions to accounting and finance employees
- Support quarterly close process and related disclosures
- Interact with the Company's external auditors
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Certified Public Accountant required
- 6+ years’ experience in Accounting/Finance; 4+ years Big 4 experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Established project management experience and ability to work with numerous different groups throughout an extremely large organization
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Must have strong technical financial skills and a comprehensive understanding of accounting, GAAP, PCAOB standards and SEC regulations
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6794330-accounting-manager
• Post ID: 103227743 newyork