Controller - Axion (New York, NY)
We currently have an opening for a FinancialController who will be responsible for all general accounting of the company, including accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management, general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis, budgeting and inventory control.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: Manage the accounts payable function (supervision of AP team of 2) ensuring that all invoices are coded, appropriately approved and controlled; manager the billing, accounts receivable and cash collections (supervision of billing/AR/operations team of 5); maintain fixed asset sub-ledger; co-manage the Company’s treasury function with CFO, ensuring all receipts are adequately accounted for and reconciled; manage all entries postings to the general ledger, including postings from sub-ledgers or other integrated systems and manage the month end process(supervision of financial reporting and budgeting team of 2).
- Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounting with at least 3 years managing a team of accounting staff across all disciplines; experience in public accounting a plus
- Must be an independent thinker, confident and a strong communicator; Must possess a strong background in procedures assessment, evaluation, documentation and related internal controls
- Excellent leadership skills and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Excel & Macro skills
- Knowledge of the following systems would be helpful: Sage / MAS500, Ungerboeck, Galaxy, ChefTec
- **Transportation Industry experience preferred
• Post ID: 36990943 newyork