What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
The Corporate Accounting Policy team is the global professional practices group within Verizon. As a Manager you’ll participate in strategic initiatives, new product offerings, partnerships/joint ventures and other key drivers of Verizon’s future growth. You will assist senior management with making critical business decisions by providing the proper accounting treatment and impact analysis. You will accelerate transformation and change, create best practices and drive continuous process improvement. You will also work with department and business leaders on front-end process ideas, solutions and change.
- Establishing, maintaining and supporting compliance with company-wide accounting policies.
- Researching accounting issues and preparing accounting documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Reviewing and providing technical guidance for material transactions and complex accounting issues.
- Assisting with the development of new policies relating to new or emerging accounting standards and supporting impact assessment.
- Providing guidance and supporting other finance and business unit initiatives.
- Researching emerging accounting and reporting issues and preparing and proposing responses to comment letters to SEC/FASB initiatives.
- Developing and presenting technical accounting training sessions to accounting and finance employees.
- Supporting quarterly close process and related disclosures.
- Interacting with the Company's external auditors.
What we’re looking for...
You are a positive, well-organized, detail oriented person who adapts well to change and has the ability to quickly assimilate and synthesize complex data and information into a fact-based decision making framework. You’ll have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, but you will also have strong verbal and written communications skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to senior leadership. You consistently deliver results and provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization. Dynamic, proactive, and decisive; you are able to provide leadership and functional expertise in a fast moving and competitive business environment. You are a high-potential individual with the ability to motivate peers and are able to separate people from issues and manage sensitive interactions and issues effectively and with appropriate judgment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Project management experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA Certification.
- Experience working with numerous different groups throughout an extremely large organization.
- Strong technical financial skills and a comprehensive understanding of accounting, GAAP, PCAOB standards and SEC regulations.
- Strong presentation skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2442817-corporate-accounting-policy-manager
• Post ID: 163144667 newyork