What you’ll be doing...
This position has responsibility for the national customer service budget and all activities relating to its development, approval, and execution, to ensure the customer service organization is achieving its financial commitments. In addition, this position is responsible for leading a team to provide business and financial analysis enabling informed and effective business decisions for the Customer Service organization.
Key responsibilities will include:
Annual Budget and Best Views:
- Lead development of the annual budget and periodic best views and integration with key strategic initiatives, operational planning, real estate planning and budget/results ensuring linkage in place between the overall plan and individual initiatives. This includes influencing strategic direction, development of key drivers, modeling, and presentation of recommendations/plan to Sr. Leadership.
- Partner closely with Force to Load forecast teams, Field Operations teams, Business Transformation team, and function owners to ensure alignment and integration of key assumptions.
Customer Service Business Case Development and Review:
- Manage financial/economic analysis assessing the viability of cost improvement initiatives along with development of financial models/tools and corresponding assumptions which will be used to evaluate the profitability and ROI of each initiative.
- Review all business cases, business case assumptions and measurements of success to understand impacts to the financial results, key performance metrics, customer experience, retention, financial reporting, discounts/OCC's and upgrades.
- Partner cross-functionally with Finance teams, Compliance, AOD's, and Business Sponsors: participating on core team and gate review meetings.
- Seek out process improvements and best practices related to promotion/spiff requests that can be leveraged and drive efficiency.
Customer Service Analysis and Reporting:
- Manage Wireless Customer Service Cost per Call reporting and analysis, including details by queue and location
- Provide timely analysis to operations to optimize cost per call for maximum efficiency
- Work interactively with Resource Management team to ensure accurate and timely staffing and related financial forecasts
- Help monitor appropriate supervisor/management ratios in call centers and provide guidance to operations regarding appropriate actions
- Help monitor Controllable EBE spend, OCCs and Overtime through offline tracking and communication to management
- Assist in monitoring National Incentive and Recognition initiatives to meet corporate revenue targets
- Partner cross functionally to leverage channel, customer, marketing and systemic information to bring additional meaning and insights to the Customer Service operational metrics and measurements
- Valued business partner to be relied upon to move activities and projects forward in support of current initiatives.
SPC (Strategic Partner Channel) support and CAP team (Continuous Audit Process):
- Provide full support to the SPC team including budget development, monthly reporting of results, performance achievements and costs analysis
- Work with sourcing to provide financial estimates for the development of the contacts and statements of work for the SPC vendors.
- Oversee the CAP team to continually improve audit procedures and the performance of approximately 70 physical audits at approximately 35 sites.
- Continue to develop the relationships with Internal Audit, Corporate Security and Finance Compliance team to improve audit coordination and share findings.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a strong management background.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience and knowledge of Customer Service operations and Resource Management/Force to Load.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations
- Advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2479593-dir-finl-plng-and-anlys
• Post ID: 159708437 newyork