Finance Manager - Business Process Improvement Project Manager - Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ)
The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Manage project plans, project execution, risk mitigation, and achievement of project and program objectives for FP&A Business Process Improvement (BPI) team.
- Partner with the FP&A BPI Process Liaison leads (Planning and Reporting) to identify and drive cross-process initiatives.
- Manage (not implementation) updates/changes across FP&A / operational systems.
- Monitor, track, assess and report on metrics and measurements related to the COE.
- Own the development of business process and system improvement opportunities and communicates outcomes to the team.
- Functional expert to challenge and refine business, functional, and data requirements.
- Validate finalized work plan for the implementation of process and system improvements and socialize it with the business.
- Execute post-mortem assessment to drive continuous improvement as outlined by the Business Process and System Improvement Managers.
- Partner with leadership teams to maintain data and metadata standards.
- Lead, communicate, and schedule training sessions with customer(s) on implemented processes and/or systems.
- Oversee testing of all functional requirements and validate results.
- Handle special projects, ad-hoc analysis, and report template solutions.
- Provide ad-hoc requests for executives.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Science or equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience with a strong management background.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Master's degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Science.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- Certifications: PMP, Six Sigma
- Expert knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to focus on the details and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) best practices and methodologies, including Agile methodology.
- Advanced programming, coding, and scripting skills.
- Knowledge in the usage of Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Strategic Finance, Oracle DRM, Collibra, and relational database applications and architecture.
- Expertise in the usage of OBIEE, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar tools.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 96968225 newyork