What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Own the development and communication of the plan and forecast, financial reporting, operational analysis and executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Evaluate business results and serve as a functional expert to the business client to provide strategic guidance and insights during the analysis process.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to complex business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure the quality and delivery of all the products and services.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Partner with the business to develop costing/profitability models and reports.
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions and present recommendations to leadership.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Assess customer/product profitability and drive profit optimization.
- Develop and assess business cases for pricing on investment decisions, providing insights and support to the business.
- Assess capital requirements, develop capital plan and provide recommendations on capital allocation.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- A high degree of analytical capability with the demonstrated ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex team projects with minimal supervision.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2404599-finance-manager-planning-and-forecasting
• Post ID: 152807322 newyork