The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Own the development of financial reporting business process and system improvement opportunities and communicates outcomes to the team.
- Elicit requirements from key stakeholders by conducting interviews or determining needs based off of prior experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct independent data analysis on the underlying reporting and source systems.
- Functional expert to challenge and refine business, functional, and data requirements.
- Develop business architecture as-is and to-be models and structure requirements for traceability
- Participate in designing new and revamping existing Essbase applications
- Exhibit familiarity in using multidimensional and relational reporting systems for analysis
- Validate finalized work plan for the implementation of process and system improvements and socialize it with the business.
- Execute post-mortem assessment to drive continuous improvement as outlined by the Business Process Improvement Managers.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to ensure that all new and existing business process improvement activities are in synch with the strategic vision of the company.
- Partner with leadership teams to maintain data and metadata standards.
- Lead, communicate, and schedule training sessions with customer(s) on implemented processes and/or systems.
- Oversee testing of all functional requirements and validate results.
- Develop test plans and cases to be used for user acceptance testing.
- Handle special projects, ad-hoc analysis, and report template solutions.
- Provide ad-hoc requests for executives.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Science or equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience with a strong management background.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business analysis core competencies (planning & monitoring, elicitation, requirements management & communication, enterprise analysis, requirements analysis, and solution assessment & validation).
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple competing priorities.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Master's degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Science.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- Certifications: Six Sigma, Oracle/Hyperion, CBIP, CBAP and/or PMP.
- Knowledge of key financial and operational metrics, and understanding of allocation methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation, data integration, metadata management, and user interface design.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) best practices and methodologies, including Agile methodology.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to focus on the details and to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Advanced programming, coding, and scripting skills.
- Strong understanding of the overall Oracle EPM application suite, including Essbase and Smartview
- Knowledge of Oracle DRM, Collibra, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Strategic Finance, and relational database applications and architecture.
- Expertise in the usage of OBIEE, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar tools.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6682410-finance-manager-reporting-business-process-improvement
• Post ID: 96968033 newyork