Manager, Benefits Accounting - Interpublic Group (New York, NY)
Overall responsibility for technical accounting matters associated with employee benefit plans.
Liaise with Corporate Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, External Reporting and Networks on matters related to plan administration;
- Plan Financials: Preparing the plan financial statements for our US pension plan and savings plan; engaging external auditors, and coordinating the audits.
- Bookclose: Preparing monthly/quarterly analysis of all benefit-related accounts; approving journal entries and account recs.
- Disclosures: Preparing footnote disclosures related to benefit plans on a world-wide basis, including ASC 820 (FAS157) for our 10-K and 10-Q filings.
- Budgets: Preparing budgets and forecasts for US benefit plans including allocations across various business units.
- Management: Supervisory responsibilities for staff accountants.
- Actuarial Valuations: Reviewing ASC 715 (FAS 87/158/132R) actuarial valuations for US and International benefit plans; engaging and interacting frequently with actuaries
- Accounting degree; CPA and/or Masters.
- Total work experience: minimum 5–7 years; Public Accounting Experience desirable;
- Must have strong work ethic;
- Exposure to technical accounting matters and familiarity with benefit plan accounting, ASC 715 (FAS 87, 158, 106, and 112), actuarial valuations and disclosures a plus;
- Good technical PC skills – Excel a must, Hyperion and SAP a plus
• Post ID: 36434971 newyork