Manager Financial Planning & Analysis - Zero Based Budgeting - Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ)
What you’ll be doing...
Manager Financial Planning and Analysis – Zero Based Budgeting
The Business Excellence Organization
The Business Excellence team is a newly created team focused on reducing $10B in cash from VZ over the next 4 years. This program will require individuals with a strong business acumen, strong analytic and communication skills. It will require working with senior executives across the corporation to develop and manage large programs to achieve this $10B goal.
The Manager is a highly competent employee responsible for quantifying cost elimination opportunities across the corporation in order to achieve the overall $10B in savings for this major initiative. The individual will work with the operational teams in establishing financial goals and Senior Executives across the corporation on developing the metrics for success. The individual will provide service, challenge assumptions and ensure spend and initiatives are aligned to strategic goals. The individual will work closely with the team to ensure the program status is tracked, monitored and reported in accordance with the program plan.
The Manager shall demonstrate broad knowledge of the various Verizon business units, strong business acumen and strategic thinker. The Manager must possess executive communication skills, and quickly be able to identify and communicate potential program concerns.
Management of the ZBB process across the Verizon Enterprise
This strategic position will quantify programs and provide leadership in driving the corporate $10B elimination initiative. This strategic position will manage the ZBB process across the Verizon Enterprise, working with ZBB package owners and other senior leaders for alignment on programs and benefits, and ensuring timely delivery of programs driving the $10B waste elimination initiative. And work closely with Corporate FP&A on approach and align to the overall corporate planning process.
- Own the development and communication of the plan and forecast, operational analysis and executive reviews for the $10B elimination initiative.
- Evaluate business results and serve as a functional expert to the business client to provide strategic guidance and insights during the analysis process.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including variance to plan of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Partner with the business to develop costing/profitability models and reports.
- Manage the development of bottoms up driver based budgeting.
- Ensure alignment of targets, initiatives and budgets with business transformation teams across Verizon
- Define processes, timelines and requirements across the enterprise.
- Communicate and collaborate to ensure successful program execution.
- Responsible for executive reporting and presentation materials, including creation and maintenance of an executive dashboard to reflect project performance.
- Develop understanding of the business functions and issues as it relates to the success of the program.
Business Excellence Subject Matter Expert
- Ensure bottoms up/true zero based build
- Challenge package and budget owners on budgets and spend assumption
- Drive linkage to value/strategic initiatives
- Drive agreement/commitment; ensure complete buy in and communication from Sr. Leadership
- Consolidate and assess budgets across owners for each package and across packages
- Ensure budget submissions tie to agreements
Administration, Ad Hoc Analysis & Reporting
- Ensure project objectives are met by monitoring and measuring project progress regularly to determine variances from the project plan, identify risks, assess and analyze, and report in a timely and consistent manner to the leadership teams.
- Communicate project status to project stakeholders through development of weekly and monthly status reports.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- A high degree of analytical capability with the demonstrated ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex team projects with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of zero based budgeting.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 152805657 newyork