What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Provide additional research and analysis for the monthly reporting, Business Plan), Commitment View Best View including recommendations for management reviews.
- Create draft of ad-hoc analysis generated for the business client.
- Finalize monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Performs additional research to enhance business case analysis for pricing and investment decisions support to the business client.
- Incorporate financial data into capital models/templates to prepare guidelines and drive the capital planning process.
- Draft cash flow statements, identify issues/patterns and provide recommendations.
- Conduct initial strategic business analyses.
- Identify and communicate possible scenarios, associated risks and opportunities to include in the business performance reviews.
- Create the outline and/or update profitability/costing models.
- Analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2404612-senior-financial-analyst-planning-and-forecasting
• Post ID: 158594932 newyork