What you’ll be doing...
You’ll lead a cutting-edge team of internal auditors to positively impact the way we do business. Continuous improvement is essential to our success and you’ll act as an advocate for the internal audit function and be a critical change agent, providing objective evaluations of our internal systems and processes to identify areas of risk and operational efficiency. Your highly visible role will involve collaborating with our most senior leaders to learn our operations and build strong relationships across our different business segments and you’ll encourage your team to do the same. Developing plans and supporting your internal partners to understand the key role they play in maintaining strong internal controls will be critical in reducing risk, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting our shareholders, customers, and employees.
- Assessing company risks and developing comprehensive annual audit plans to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Designing, executing, and supervising financial and operational audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Evaluating the company’s existing controls, identifying gaps and areas for improvement, and evaluating their significance and potential business impact.
- Partnering with our most senior business leaders in maintaining strong internal controls, and presenting recommendations and preparing written audit reports to document findings.
- Leading, motivating, and developing high potential talent providing assignments and mentoring to give exposure to the business and career development opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a great listener and highly effective communicator. You stay focused on the facts and are tactful and diplomatic in the way that you deal with sensitive issues. People know you for your ability to deliver difficult messages while at the same time building relationships based on mutual trust and respect. You guide your team by providing real-time coaching and exposure to different aspects of the company’s operations – all while delivering results on time and within budget. You demonstrate leadership in the business through your focus on delivering solutions and not placing blame.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience of risk and operational based audits.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in accounting, business or finance.
- CPA or CIA certification in progress, or willingness to pursue CPA.
- Public accounting or information systems audit experience.
- Experience managing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Worked with large enterprise-reporting-platforms like PeopleSoft or SAP environment
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2524707-senior-internal-audit-manager
• Post ID: 163143662 newyork