The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
This position supports Wireline Consolidations / Planning & Analysis
• Guide the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team, including development and delivery of all financial planning & analysis for the business.
• Manage a team of professionals that provide oversight of all aspects of the development and communication of executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
• Identify complex business performance issues and present insights on the consolidated internal reports and external presentations.
• Ensure the team successfully executes on capital planning review/analysis and provide guidance on optimal use of cash.
• Be a trusted advisor providing value-added decision support and guidance to executive management.
• Provide strategic financial and operational insights utilizing recurring performance reports, ad-hoc analysis and performance reviews.
• Partner with Center of Excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
• Evaluate business trends and assess monthly and quarterly business performance in driving strategic business analysis.
• Advise on risk and opportunity considerations for managing cost and growing the revenue and profitability.
• Recommend planning and business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
• Identify and assess cost and effect patterns in the business not captured in existing reporting.
• Perform monthly performance review of business unit initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Provide decision support and guidance; lead ad-hoc presentation development and executive review.
• Manage the team employee life cycle processes (Recruiting, Performance, Development, Career and Compensation).
• Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
• Six or more years of relevant experience with a strong management background.
• Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
• High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
• Strong strategic and creative problem solving skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations; proven ability to structure
business case around a high-level strategic vision.
• Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International
Financial Reporting Standards.
• Advanced understanding of report query and design.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details, as well as summarize relevant points for executive presentations.
• Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
• Familiar with Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
• Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
• Strong proficiency in financial modeling (NPV, ROI, & ROIC business case analysis).
• Advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing / profitability methodologies and processes.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6682471-sr-manager-financial-planning-and-analysis
• Post ID: 96968240 newyork