What you’ll be doing...
- Work with 3rd party vendor to manage the accurate and timely filing of State and Local Sales & Use, Gross Receipts, State & Local Excise, PUC Levies, E911 and USF returns.
- Oversee the analysis of financial data from Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Revenue Accounting and Corporate Accounting.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all tax liability accounts to the GL.
- Perform special projects, as required, assigned by Sr. Tax Manager and Director.
- Assist the exemption group with research and information needed for the issuance of Resale and/or Exemption Certificates, as required.
- Provide support to the Audit, Research, Tax Technology, Legal and Tax Exemption teams within tax.
- Formulate process improvements to increase efficiency and cost saving strategies.
- Manage and adhere to all SOX controls.
- Assist on Systems development, mergers and acquisition projects
What we’re looking for...
Ideal Candidate has:
- Thorough knowledge of State taxes, Gross Receipts, Sales and Use taxes, E911, PUC and USF and Tax Accounting.
- Knowledge of compliance processes and returns filings.
- The ability to develop methods to streamline processes and develop tax planning strategies to minimize company's cash flow and overall tax burden.
- The candidate has the prime responsibility for the review; analysis and streamline tax processes.
- Skill set to analyze billed taxes and tax accruals for discrepancies. Review and manage reconciliations.
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors to manage refund opportunities and resolve tax disputes.
- .Work with internal staff to procure refunds or credits from vendors or government agencies for overpaid taxes, including review oftax exemption issues.
- The candidate has to possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or 4 years of work experience
- Minimum of 6 yearsexperience in the state and local tax compliance; comparable amount of years with an emphasis in state tax laws and regulations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- CPA orMaster’s degree in taxation or equivalent work experience in the state, local tax and Regulatory area.
- Experience with large automated systems (i.e. billing, general ledger, and a/p).
- Familiarity with automated tax systems. (Vertex, Taxware, etc.)
- Experienced with SAP, PeopleSoft or other major accounting systems.
- Tax research and audit experience a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2522423-tax-manager-sales-and-use
• Post ID: 163143357 newyork