What you’ll be doing...
Manager Sales Tax Wireline Audits is responsible for managing sales tax audits of select Verizon entities, an audit inventory and the associated reserves. This position also
partners with the Transaction Tax Reporting Group, Tax Legal and the Research and Planning Group on all technical matters to ensure that all deliverables are met. The ideal candidate should
have a significant amount of audit, sales tax and leadership experience. The candidate should demonstrate the following skill(s): 1) ability to negotiate audit settlements, (2) ability to
complete tax research, (3) demonstrate an understanding audit techniques (i.e., statistical sampling), (4) an ability to think analytically and strategically,(5) be proficient in analyzing and
reconciling billing and accounts payable systems to the general ledger, (6) a strong knowledge of accounting for sales taxes in accordance with FAS 5, (7) possess strong leadership and
communication skills. An understanding or experience in the area of sales taxes imposed upon telecommunications products, services, and the purchases by telecommunications
companies would be beneficial.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing assigned Wireline sales tax audits to yield best results for Verizon in the most efficient manner possible.
- Responsible for developing audit package and strategy to resolve audits. This will require the individual to meet with and present materials to auditors from taxing jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the identification and communication of issues to be resolved resulting from audit findings.
- Responsible for calculating, establishing and monitoring FAS 5 Reserves for Contingent Gains and Losses related to audits assigned. Strong tax audit skills, research skills, strategic thinking, sound judgement, negotiation and presentation skills are critical.
- Responsible for teaming and partnering with other tax groups in order to meet the goals of the tax department.
- Responsible for presenting audit profiles, exposures and other relevant audit developments to upper management.
What we’re looking for...
- BA in Accounting or related field or equivilant work experience
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation highly desired
- At least 5 years of tax experience with an emphasis on sales tax is required.
- Astrong understanding of FAS 5 is required.
- Strong tax technical, research and analytical skills are required.
- Strong audit and accounting skills are critical.
- Proficiency in Technological Skills
- Practical experience in handling audits and balancing workloads and deliverables is imperative
- Employee must be highly motivated and have the ability to drive assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Employee must have strong written and oral communication skills to partner effectively across the tax organization as well as presentation skills and the ability to present to upper management.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2465622-tax-manager-sales-tax-audit
• Post ID: 163144447 newyork