What you’ll be doing...
Driving continuous improvement is what we are all about and you will support our efforts through providing objective evaluations of our technology processes to make us better, because here, better matters. You’ll gain exposure to the diverse aspects of our business through collaborating with different business leaders related to our technology controls, processes, and systems. The work you perform is critical to reducing risk and providing solutions that protect our company, our employees and our shareholders.
- Developing and executing technology-based audits and IT and application control assessments during complex business process reviews.
- Learning the functions being audited to verify the effectiveness of existing technology controls.
- Identifying technology control risks to improve process effectiveness.
- Developing action plans and communicating concise recommendations to management.
- Identifying risks associated with new technology.
- Participating in department initiatives to further develop the Internal Audit function.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a big impact.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- IT auditing experience in at least one of the following areas: IT security administration, UNIX, Linux, or Windows platforms system administration, IT Architect, network security, network administration, network operation center experience and/or SAP and/or PeopleSoft technical support knowledge.
- Experience applying technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: IT operations or application reviews, network operations or security audits, SOC1/SSAE16, PCI compliance engagements and/or ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft).
- Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, midrange platforms, personal computers, system development, client/server architecture.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- CISA and/or CISSP certification.
- Experience with ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Experience with third-party risk management assessments.
- Technology Audit experience in a Public Accounting firm.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2409206-technology-auditor
• Post ID: 152804827 newyork