VP Compliance / Mortgage Servicing Vendor Management - Compliance Search Group (New York, NY)
Our client seeks a Mortgage servicing Compliance Officer, to oversee the Monitoring & Testing (M&T) Program for all residential mortgage loan servicers outsourced by the firm.
Emphasis will be on the development, implementation and on going maintenance of a M&T Program for vendors performing mortgage loan servicing, loss mitigation or foreclosure functions. The position will interact with various corporate functions, i.e. Legal & Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology, Privacy, Business Continuity, as well as with various levels of employees across the Enterprise. The position will work directly with employees and leaders of outsourced mortgage servicing vendors to improve processes, minimize risks, improve controls and create ongoing strategic value from our vendor partnerships.
• Relationship management and oversight of external residential mortgage servicers. Ensure mortgage portfolios are managed in compliance with contract terms, industry servicing standards and federal and state regulations.
• Assist to standardize vendor management framework for mortgage loan servicing, including the development and implementation of Vendor Management policies and procedures for outsourced mortgage servicers.
• Perform on'site visits to mortgage servicer’s facilities to conduct operational / compliance audits.
• Create an effective monitoring program of mortgage servicing vendors to proactively identify and respond to potential compliance violations.
• Development of quantitative and qualitative metrics for measuring mortgage servicing vendor performance and provide key highlights, trends, risks and opportunities.
• Assist in development of performance SLA scorecards and management dashboard reports.
• Provide support in holding mortgage servicing vendors accountable for performance and develop action plans for those not meeting performance standards.
• Directly manage up to 3 associates in supporting the role.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws impacting mortgage servicing such as RESPA, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA as well as the HAMP Program (or other government sponsored loss mitigation programs).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate issues a must.
• Strong vendor relations skills and ability to partner with vendors to develop practical solutions.
• Ability to prioritize work, effectively manage a large number of issues at one time and interact effectively with management.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
• 10 + years Mortgage Servicing Operations and/or Mortgage Servicing Compliance
• Experience managing and motivating other compliance professionals and/or attorneys and performing other departmental administration functions.
To apply please submit your resume to Mlane compliancesearch.com
• Post ID: 36222430 newyork