Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations - Gay Men's Health Crisis (New York, NY)
Gay Men's Health Crisis [GMHC] is the world's first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. Building on decades of dedication and expertise, we understand the reality of HIV/AIDS and empower a healthy life for all. GMHC fights to end the AIDS epidemic and uplift the lives of all affected.
The Officer of Corporation and Foundation Relations supports GMHC in achieving its mission by supporting all fundraising from foundations, corporations, and other sources of private institutional support. This is a fantastic opportunity for a friendly, professional, and driven individual to support the fundraising of more than $2 million annually.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Development unit in maintaining and strengthening relationships with corporate and foundation funders. This work includes creating funder briefings, writing letters and mailings, and maintaining records about our relationships. The Officer will also serve as the agency's lead representative for a portfolio of these institutional funders and partners.
- Administering and expanding GMHC's employer matching gift and cause-related marketing programs.
- Cultivating corporate representatives to attract event sponsorships for several high-profile events each year, including AIDS Walk New York, Fashion Forward, and the Savor Dinner.
- Collaborating with program staff across the agency to craft strategies and proposals for specific funding needs in areas such as: the meals and nutrition program for people living with HIV, HIV testing and counseling, legal services, youth programs, social marketing, and research.
- Prospecting new potential funders to support the agency's general operations and specific programs and services.
- Writing grant proposals, sponsorship requests, and grant reports for corporate and foundation funders.
- Supporting the development of large government grant proposals by conducting research and assuming administrative responsibilities to ensure submission of highest-caliber products.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Experience: Experience with grant writing or other related writing projects highly desirable, but interest in fundraising absolutely necessary. In addition, the Officer should possess time management abilities, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work as a team player as well as under pressure. At least 2 years of nonprofit experience, preferably in resource development or communications. Experience working directly with donors and familiarity with best practices of donor engagement/donor services desirable.
Related Skills/Knowledge: Exceptional writing and communications skills necessary. Strong project management skills and attention to detail required. This person MUST be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks. Advanced computer/technical skills in Word, Excel, Raiser's Edge and Outlook required.
• Post ID: 36667088 newyork