Office administrator/Medical assistant
We are a very busy and thriving Pain Management Practice with offices throughout the NYC boroughs seeking the perfect candidate to assist us in our day-to-day administrative responsibilities as well as provide excellent patient care at our Jackson Heights office.
This job requires prior experience/exposure to the medical field and the operations of a medical office. We will train the right candidate.
Candidate should be pleasant, have a personable telephone manner. Skills of the applicant should include the ability to multitask, type/computer skills, and working with insurance companies for verification and pre-authorizations.
Candidate should also be able to assist doctors, be knowledgeable in medical terminology, be dependable, punctual and have a professional demeanor.
Candidate would assist doctor with daily appointments, health history work ups, preparing injections for doctor, reviewing records.
Would also be a very good opportunity for someone looking to move into a higher medical degree (nursing, NP, PA, MD, DO) but would like to gain more clinical exposure and references to prepare for one of those future degrees.
Bilingual English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
Experience in orthopedics/neurology/pain management preferred.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Schedules patient flow on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the office to serve an adequate number of patients.
- Adheres to all Office policies on safety and security.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Office policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Insurance verification and authorization, prepares Patient Electronic Charts (all scripts EMR), assists Doctor during Pain Management procedures.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of Clinic patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional language abilities desirable.
- Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
- Great opportunity for foreign grads.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or equivalent plus two years of medical receptionist and/or medical assistant experience in comparable health care setting.
- Experience with Worker's Compensation and No Fault is a plus.
If you meet all the requirements listed and are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume as well as a cover letter. This position is available for immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
- Jackson Heights, NY
- High school or equivalent
• Post ID: 137515107 newyork