Program Officer, Francophone Africa - Family Care International, Inc (New York, NY)
Program Officer, Francophone Africa Program
Family Care International (FCI) (www.familycareintl.org) is a non-profit organization working to improve women's reproductive health and rights in developing countries, with a special emphasis on making pregnancy and childbirth safer. FCI's Program in Francophone Africa provides technical assistance to government agencies and non-governmental organizations in designing, implementing and evaluating reproductive health programs and strategies. We also develop advocacy, training and education materials that our partners can use to strengthen education, communication and training, particularly for women and youth.
This position is based at FCI's Headquarters in New York, with travel (about 20%) to the region. FCI currently has field offices in Burkina Faso and Mali.
The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Vice-President for Regional Programs, providing program support and technical guidance to FCI field office staff and other FCI partners on maternal health, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, and HIV. Specific duties of the position include:
- Providing backstopping, support, and technical assistance to FCI staff in Burkina Faso and Mali in the design, implementation, and evaluation of ongoing maternal health and adolescent sexual and reproductive health projects being implemented with local government and non-governmental partners.
- Contributing to the preparation of advocacy and informational materials and tools on maternal health, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS in English and French.
- Reviewing, editing, and contributing to the development of project documents, including proposals, budgets, and activity reports, as well as training and other programmatic tools.
- Report writing and communication, including preparing periodic narrative project reports on specific project components and overall progress, and articles to share on FCI's blog and website.
- Assist in general grant/project and program management, including developing and maintaining workplans, tracking progress in implementation of activities and reviewing field office financial reports
- Liaison with other FCI field offices and divisions, and with technical and funding organizations, including representing FCI in workshops, meetings, and other forums; these may include making presentations and speeches, as appropriate.
- Conducting literature reviews and other research tasks including donor prospecting, as required.
- Other programmatic and administrative tasks, and English-French interpretation and translation as required to ensure that narrative and financial reporting requirements for grants and contracts are fulfilled.
Conditions of Service: Full Time â 35 hours per week
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus fringe benefits
• Post ID: 36490102 newyork