Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 12:01 AM
THE TIME IS NOW!
1. MENTAL DISCIPLINE:
· Self-discipline, confidence, and focus
· Use of and respect for physical objects as weapons
· Gaining respect and awareness of each other
· The history of the Samurai
· Basic Japanese (numbers, nomenclature…)
· Sword care and handling
3. PHYSICAL WORKOUT:
The art works the entire body and provides a total body workout for the upper and lower body that includes:
CARDIO: Necessary for constant fast movement and prolonged training
FLEXIBILITY: Necessary for range of motion, numerous attacks and blocks, and more
STRENGTH TRAINING: Requiring the use of every muscle in the body to succeed
4. PRACTICAL ADVANTAGES:
A selection of the many skills learned:
·Evading and defeating multiple attackers
·Open hand fighting, disarming techniques
Observe a class for FREE and speak with the Sensei afterwards.
The class is open to students at all levels of martial arts training and fitness. Beginners are more than welcome, as well as children over the age of 10.
Sundays 2:30- 4pm
with MORE CLASSES and PRIVATE INSTRUCTION also available.
*disclaimer: No guarantees you'll be ready to take on Michonne for Halloween or that a zombie apocalypse is on the way.
• Location: Bronx, Riverdale Y
• Post ID: 43407545 newyork