What you’ll be doing...
This is a technical position within the 5G technology area, with a focus on building technology solutions for end-customers using Verizon’s 5G network. In this role, the candidate will work with internal technology groups and external innovation teams in order to find suitable technologies to test on our 5G network.
The candidate will make recommendations on which solutions Verizon should pursue from a technology point of view, help develop partnership with external companies, work with our solution architects to ideate trial scenarios, and identify potential customers to trial solutions with. At the same time, if additional software or hardware development is needed, the candidate will look for the right resources, internal or external, to perform the needed development.
The ideal candidate needs to have strong technical background with experience in wireless and wireline networks, as well as a very good sense of new technologies and innovations coming out of incubators, universities and other innovation environments.
- Work with internal technology teams to understand their products/platforms to potentially trial them in conjunction with 5G.
- Be the liaison with the entrepreneurial community to be aware of startups developing compelling technology to trial using 5G.
- Identify potential customer candidates to approach and discuss new trials.
- Identify development needs and select the right approach for such development (internal/external).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BS and MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 8+ years of Wireless Network experience.
- 4+ years of experience leading large integration projects.
- Expert understanding of computer technologies and architectures including O/S, Database, NFV, Cloud and SDN.
- Expert understanding of Wi-Fi and Wireless Radio Access Network technology.
- Demonstrated passion for building new products and superb customer experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as superior analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Good understanding of 5G and its main advantages.
- Knowledge of AR/VR, video solutions, IoT and consumer electronics devices.
- Knowledge of self-driving auto technologies.
- Experience in product design and development.
- Experience in managing technology suppliers.
- Experience on application development.
- Versed in networked system and technologies.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2521008-5g-solutions-architect
• Post ID: 163143777 newyork