Business Analyst - Moodys (New York, NY)
The Role / Responsibilities:
The Associate Business Analyst will support the Moody's Ratings Business Solutions team and assist in the development of credit tools used in the ratings process and by clients. The individual will work closely with subject matter experts including Moody's analysts, credit officers, and development teams on design, development and implementation of both new and existing analytic tools; examples include rating methodologies, projection tools and key indicator reports.
Responsibilities may include:
-Work closely with the analytical teams to:
- Develop thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation including business requirements, use cases, and prototypes for credit tools such as industry rating methodologies, key indicator reports, and projection tools
- Support the rating methodology publication process by preparing statistical reports, creating models and prototypes, and addressing technical questions and issues
- Assist the Project Manager with project plan, and lead discussions with the QA and development teams
-Support business requirements activities by working with Moody's IT Development and QA teams to address questions and oversee implementation of requirements and test new features and functionalities. Manage requirements change when appropriate.
- Resolve any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
- Provide analytical support to internal and external clients.
Qualifications: BA/BS in business, finance, economics or similar field required; Financial modeling experience preferred. Experience in financial statement analysis and solid background in accounting/finance. Assertive personality with good communication skills; ability to interact with analysts, senior MDs, and other groups within the organization. Ability to balance multiple priorities. Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills a must.
With 400 employees and 800 contractors worldwide, Moody's Information Technology (\"MIT\") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer.
• Post ID: 36324378 newyork