Core Infrastructure Strategy - Senior Applications - Clover Business Solutions (New York, NY)
If you are true techy looking for to work for a firm that truly values technology, is constantly looking to innovate, and provide infrastructure solutions that use bleeding edge technologies, open source tools, and custom built automation tools to improve on the infrastructure development platform, which all Development teams use as a Shared Services platform. This group likes candidates that are curious by nature, extremely bright, with a strong passion for technology, learning how to do things better, researches new technologies, and has a passion for sharing bright innovative ideas with team members as well as downstream applications developers or infrastructure engineers.
Our Global Fortune 500 firm located in New York City is looking for talented Tools Application Infrastructure Engineers, that have a strong background in technology, and the necessary skills to work in a complex mission critical technical environment (a lot of projects will be High Frequency Low Latency related as these are the most complex systems that utilize large volumes of trades. It is important that this candidate is comfortable with researching new technologies and working with a portfolio of 3rd party tools. This group works closely with the Major Technology Vendors to provide feedback to them on what works and doesn’t work within their environment and how they can go about improving the technologies. This is a hands-on role that requires strong application engineering skills, working to deploy, maintain, integrate and support a series of Enterprise Scale Development Tools, used throughout our development community.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in quantitative discipline, with a MS or Ph.D be a strong plus. Requires 10-15 years of Technology experience with 8-10 years of Systems Engineering or Administration experience as a UNIX / Linux or Windows Applications/Infrastructure Engineering role as long as they have a very in-depth knowledge and experience on one of these platforms. Need to have strong Applications Engineering, Scripting, and Systems Operations Engineering experience.
- Highly technical and interested in application infrastructure
- Requires strong knowledge of Linux / UNIX and/or Windows OS (priority will be given to those strong in both).
- Experience at working with 3rd party vendor products, integrating them into a complex technical environment
- Flexible and adaptable; quick to embrace new ideas, applications, products
- Goal oriented, wants to get things done and make impact – no theoreticians
- Ability to recognize priorities and make/ follow through on deadline
- Good team player, willing to help out, no superiority complex, able to work in a globally dispersed team
- Experience at working with end users, providing an engineering support service
***CANDIDATE SKILLS OUR CLIENT WOULD CONSIDER***
Examples of a strong candidate:
- Experience of being in a Unix/Linux SA role
- Knowledge of Unix infranstructure, such as Apache, VCS, SAN infrastructure
- Can create and maintain Perl / Unix shell scripts to support product infrastructure
- Has deployed a number of Apache/Tomcat web server based 3rd party tools into an environment
- Has designed and implemented high availability solutions for applications, and put appropriate alerting mechanisms in place to monitor the products
- Experience of supporting a set of Windows servers
- Been responsible for deployment and maintenance of 3rd party products
- Has worked with vendor support organizations on a regular basis
- Experience of analyzing performance characteristics of an enterprise deployed product, and implementing performance improvements
- Been responsible for providing product support to user community, giving them guidance in the use of developments products.
• Post ID: 36990572 newyork