Data Operations Engineer - Affinity Resource Group (New York, NY)
In this role, you’ll help grow our client toward Big Data. MySQL still remains a critical part of their infrastructure, but you’ll be working with Vertica for analytics and Hadoop for log storage and huge structured data.
Our client provides a state-of-the-art platform that delivers video to over 85 million monthly creators and viewers. Founded almost a decade ago by filmmakers who wanted to share their work, this company remains true to that mission today by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about.
- Manage MySQL and Vertica databases, keeping them highly available and responsive 24x7
- Manage the performance and operations of company’s Hadoop cluster
- Prototype and evaluate new technologies for data storage
- Work closely with engineers to address database-related site performance issues
- Work closely with engineers to design scalable, highly available, responsive data storage solutions for new features
- Manage and improve backup and recovery procedures for MySQL and Vertica databases
- Capacity planning
- 3+ years' experience administering large MySQL databases
- 5+ years' experience administering Linux servers
- Expertise tuning Linux for MySQL
- Experience benchmarking and evaluating servers
- Experience benchmarking hardware and capacity planning
- Understanding of the issues surrounding high-traffic websites and scalability
- Experience with Vertica, Hive, and/or Hbase (training will be provided)
This is a permanent, full-time position offering highly competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in an extremely creative and fun environment. If interested, please send resume to kaitlin[at]affinityny[dot]com.
• Post ID: 36990463 newyork