Desktop Engineer - The Execu Search Group Inc (Manhattan, NY)
About the Opportunity
One of the world's leading law firms needs a talented Desktop Engineer. If you have at least 5 years of experience focused on desktop management, this is an incredible opportunity to assume a leadership position in the rollout of Windows7 and Office2010 for the Firm! Put your hard-earned skills to excellent use by applying today.
Top Law Firm
As the Desktop Engineer, you will assume responsible for the Firm’s desktop computing environment, ensuring the hardware and software is maintained to provide the best experience to all end users. Some of your duties will include to:
- Define and manage “Gold” images for all supported PC platforms
- Enforce all procedures as they relate to technical change control and patch management and core systems monitoring for Firm desktops
- Develop detailed documentation on software configurations, deployment processes, packaging procedures, imaging process, test scripts and other desktop and application related documentation
- Maintain a multiple-site Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager infrastructure and develop custom SCCM reports
- Develop and maintain group policy objects, login process and user profiles within AppSense environment manager
- Maintain application streaming (APP-V) and application virtualization (XenApp) infrastructure for application delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of IT experience focused on desktop management and legal applications management.
- Law firm experience
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SCCM/SMS for the administration and creation of collections, packages, and advertisements
- Experience in desktop imaging, zero-touch desktop migration, USMT, ACT, ImageX
- Experience of supporting Windows XP/7 operating systems on Dell and Lenovo hardware
- Strong working knowledge of other legal applications such as iManage, CarpeDiem, Elite, Workshare, etc.
• Post ID: 36435484 newyork