What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us.
The Java developer will develop both client and server software components and will work with the business analyst team to verify, provide feedback, and create technical design documents under the direction of senior team member.
- Coordinate certain task with external team member such as integration test or production deployment and verification test.
- Implementation of Android application on device client, unit test and integration test against the server, work with QA User Experience team to make sure the best customer experience.
- Understand and verify the RT (requirement) and overall Application Approach document. Provide feedback and corrections to the RT and Approach Document. Provide feedback and correction to the SIT and UAT test cases.
- Create Technical Design Document of subcomponent in the application by applying the direction from senior member in the team. Conduct review and collect feedback from internal and external team members.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle phases, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Good understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles combined with a solid knowledge of multithreading, networking, offline storage and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Gradle, and experience working with Reactive framework (RxJava, RxAndroid) and dependency injection (Dagger).
- Knowledge of developing content rich applications including animation and window transition with Material Design.
- Knowledge of open-source Android ecosystem, libraries, design patterns and architecture. A familiarity with continuous integration and unit testing.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6788046-java-developer
• Post ID: 102646753 newyork