What you’ll be doing...
As a part of the Information Technology team, you’ll design and develop improvements to our customer care applications, like our Wireless Customer Communications platform. You’ll also work across the business to vet and deliver small to medium sized technology projects. The improvements that you recommend and implement will have a major impact on customer satisfaction, which will help improve our business and grow our customer base.
- Collaborating with IT and business teams on projects.
- Troubleshooting issues within customer care applications.
- Supporting code and configuration updates.
- Evaluating proposals to make sure they’re technically sound.
- Supporting the implementation of upgrades and new applications.
- Development in ASP.NET C# for the TCMS application
- Support of the TCMS application
- Oracle PL/SQL development
- Support of Oracle in Linux environment
- Provided requirements and general high level design, be able to create a detail level design, communicate the changes being made to lead and client community, and develop and unit test work including C#, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL server, and Linux scripts.
- Be able to investigate and follow-up on issues reported by the business.
- Be able to document processes as you learn and share that documentation for future reference.
- Employee will create their own detail design and development design.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technologies and the possibilities they create. You enjoy the challenge of supporting applications while exploring ways to improve upon the technology. Driven and motivated, with strong communication and analytical skills, you’re a sought-after team member that thrives in a dynamic environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle phases, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Basic understanding of computing software, hardware and networking infrastructure.
- Experience with ASP.NET C# in creating complex applications.
- Prior experience in either SQL Server or Oracle.
- Linux scripting skills, mainframe experience, AWS experience is a desired plus.
- Three or more years of work experience preferred.
- AWS and .NET certifications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6994952-asp-net-c-developer
• Post ID: 116189653 newyork