Network Systems Engineer - Glenmont Group (New York, NY)
We pride ourselves on identifying and effectively using cutting edge technologies to help our employees do what they do best. Our ideal candidate will be a catalyst. You will continue this trend of excellence on the network side.
The Datacenters will be yours to continually improve and advance. This requires:
- Extensive understanding of messaging technologies
(Minimum - Exchange 2007/2010, BES, Postini, Axway, Forefront)
- VMware & SAN/NAS Technologies:
- High level knowledge of SAN performance tuning and scale-out architecture
- Be able to live and excel in a 100% VMware virtualized production environment
- High Availability and Business Continuity Pedigree
- Microsoft & Linux:
- Let’s face it Linux runs stuff. Need to know how to navigate basic command line
- Active Directory – Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Site-to-Site Replication a must
- Windows Server 2008R2 – Lifecycle Management
A solid understanding of these and other network datacenter solutions is key.
We are constantly implementing industry leading solutions (Dark fiber, Cisco UCS, Nexus, GSLB to name a few) to the environment with the goal of constant improvement for our client’s ability to produce. We strive for 99.999% of reliability and are bent on delivering at that level year-in year-out. Your ability to proactively research, learn and implement new products is essential. You are expected to keep apprised of, make suggestions about and implement new technologies – often before case studies of similar initiatives by comparable firms even exist.
Other skills and responsibilities:
- Scripting and automation is a big plus – PowerShell is regarded above all others
- OS & Application management, security and advanced troubleshooting (3rd level support)
- Holding of training classes for knowledge transfer to other areas of IT
• Post ID: 36435552 newyork