What you’ll be doing...
You will be a part of the Global Network & Technology organization focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically network programmability. As part of this team you will work on the overall architectural construction of network programmability that includes NFV Orchestration, Next Gen Core, Intelligent Edge Network and SDN transformation and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Work with various planning and operations teams, partners, standards and SMEs to construct a comprehensive design for network programmability.
- Judiciously use the frameworks such as ONAP, ETSI and 3GPP standards for the above, and recommend changes to the same if needed.
- Work closely with IT-OSS team in designing the OSS-solutions for service assurance, inventory management, provisioning and activation in response overall changes in the network brought in by SDN, NFV, iEN and more.
- Work with world-class engineers involved in planning and orchestration of virtualizing network functions, software defined network, OpenStack, ONAP, MEF and ONF to ensure emergence of a coherent architectural framework.
- Work closely with IT-BSS team on driving the architectural changes to charging, provisioning and other functional areas in response to network transformation.
- Develop Proof of concepts around niche and emerging concepts and execute the same.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS or relevant areas; or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Wireless and Core Network; OSI Model.
- Knowledge of cloud-native application architectures.
- Experience with RFI, RFP and Lab based PoC working.
- Knowledge of OpenStack based Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of NFV and SDN products, technologies, architectures, and vendors.
- Knowledge of TOSCA and YAML based file formats.
- Knowledge of ETSI NFV Standards for descriptors and interfaces
- Knowledge of HOT Templates.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with designing and building complex, enterprise grade architectural solutions.
- Hands-on development experience in a majority of the following areas:
- OpenStack, P4, ONAP, 3GPP Standards.
- Knowledge of CORD architectures (mCORD, eCORD).
- Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
- Hands-on experience with Software Defined Networking.
- Experience onboarding VNFs on to NFV Orchestrators.
- Knowledge of wireless network – LTE, IMS, MPN, RAN, Radio.
- Knowledge of wireline networks and services – Private and Public IP network services, Switched Ethernet Services, Managed network services.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, written and verbal communications skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of switching fabric, spine leaf architecture, Wifi.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2524815-sdn-architect
• Post ID: 163144712 newyork