Securities Valuation Sr. Pricing Analyst - Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (New York, NY)
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 1:42 AM
POSITION IS LOCATED IN JERSEY CITY (NEWPORT)
One of the main functions of the department is to protect the safety and soundness of the markets in the areas of clearance and settlement in the DTCC complex. The Securities Valuation Department is responsible for establishing a market value of each DTCC eligible security in response to daily changes in the financial markets. DTCC primarily obtains market prices from external sources as well as some internal pricing models.
The Pricing Analyst performs the daily valuation for various types of fixed income and equity instruments.
Support DTCC's enterprise pricing priorities:
* Ensure that DTCC-eligible securities are adequately priced using pricing best practices.
* Resolve daily independent price testing tolerance breaks.
* Performs research necessary to support the analysis of pricing exceptions across various equity and fixed income securities.
* Documents and monitors vendor price challenges
* Conducts periodic vendor performance reviews and benchmark testing.
* Assists in the development of new pricing control mechanisms
* Prepares business requirements and reviews functional specifications needed to support the implementation of system enhancements and new projects.
* Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
* Interfaces with internal management, external service providers and customers.
* Performs additional day-to-day functions contained in the unit's procedures, such as researching significant increases in pricing exceptions, tracking volatile securities, generating metrics, market event driven ad-hoc studies, etc.
* Demonstrates and embeds the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization.
3-5 years financial services industry experience in the areas of securities valuations, margin, or risk management
* Strong knowledge of capital markets
* Knowledge of price testing and valuations across fixed income and equity cash securities.
* Experience with fixed income valuation methodologies for both cash and derivative instruments
* Knowledge of vendor systems such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Intex, Fincad etc.
* Knowledge of pricing futures, options and other derivatives is a plus
* Knowledge or experience with programming such as VBA, SQL, C++ and Matlab is a plus
* Good analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Team player with the ability to take initiative
* Ability to work well under pressure
Education, Training or Certification:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics
• Location: , New York
• Post ID: 36356847 newyork