What you’ll be doing...
This is a leading technical position within the 5G technology group, with a focus on building technology solutions for end-customers based on Verizon’s 5G network. In this role, the candidate will provide technical leadership across various internal technology groups and external innovation teams, leveraging internal expertise, driving innovation and new ideas, and pushing the boundaries of internal development, to bring the right technologies for our architects to create customer solutions that leverage our 5G network and provide future revenue streams for the company. This person will interact internally with directors, EDs and VPs in our wireless and wireline groups, and externally with CEOs, CTOs and CIOs of partner companies and startups.
In this role, the person will also support the creation of the necessary business cases, providing key technology insight to correctly identify competing technologies, future developments and technology trends, and potential growth over time. This will have tremendous impact in future revenue streams for the company, as identifying the right technologies will be key for ensuring the solutions being architected can be monetized to the levels needed.
The candidate will make recommendations on which solutions Verizon should pursue from a technology point of view, help develop partnership between internal technology teams and external companies, work with our solution architects to ideate trial scenarios, and identify potential customers to trial solutions with. At the same time, if additional software or hardware development is needed, the candidate will look for the right resources, internal or external, and will lead the needed development. This person will also drive the generation of patents for the identified solutions build by our architects.
The ideal candidate must have very strong technical background with experience hardware and software development, radio, wireless and wireline networks, as well as a deep understanding of new technologies and innovations coming out of incubators, universities and other innovation environments (government, technology forums, tech accelerators, etc.).
- Provide technical leadership across various internal technology groups and external innovation teams to bring the right technologies to trial in conjunction with 5G.
- Be the liaison with the entrepreneurial community to be aware of any startups developing compelling technology for potential trials using 5G.
- Drive the network team to make changes necessary for the successful integration of the architected solutions.
- Identify potential customer candidates to approach and discuss new trials.
- Support the creation of the necessary business cases to reflect the monetary impact of the solutions proposed.
- Identify software and hardware development needs and select the right approach for such development (internal/external), as well as lead the actual development.
- Generate patents for the solutions architected to secure Verizon’s intellectual property.
- Identify potential technologies to minimize current costs, in conjunction with other technology teams in the company.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BS and MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 8+ years Wireless Network experience.
- 6+ years leading large integration projects.
- Expert understanding of computer technologies and architectures including IP, O/S, Database, NFV, Cloud and SDN.
- Experience with different type of connected devices, from smartphones to IoT devices, cars.
- Experience in both software and hardware development.
- Expert understanding of Wi-Fi and Wireless Radio Access Network technology, including 3G, LTE, ZigBee, Z-Wave.
- Demonstrated passion for building new products and superb customer experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as superior analytical skills.
- Be and effective communicator as the position is highly visible and requires frequent interaction with VPs and Directors across the Technology and partnering organizations.
- Proven ability to summarize complex technology topics in simple terms..
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 15+ years Wireless Network experience.
- 10+ years leading large integration projects.
- Good understanding of 5G and its main advantages.
- Knowledge of AR/VR, video solutions, IoT, data analytics, and consumer electronics devices.
- Knowledge of self-driving auto technologies.
- Experience in product design and development.
- Experience in managing technology suppliers.
- Experience on application development.
- Versed in networked system and technologies.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2521009-senior-5g-solutions-architect
• Post ID: 163143797 newyork