If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us on digital channels. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Point of Sales Team.
- Collects client requirements and performs analysis for medium and large sized internal and external projects.
- Responsible for analyzing problems and making decisions that impact projects.
- Ensures systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
- Coordinate the tasks associated with enterprise release. Including, but not limited to, defect tracking, monitoring, and assignments; project tracking and reporting; and representing POS at internal and external meetings.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverable in a timely fashion.
- Performs project management activities such as planning and sizing.
- Proactively communicates status reports and issues to manager.
- Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
- Build strong relationships with external and internal partners.
- Support the new agile strategy and ensuring structure is supportable across enterprise, awareness of activity and top level decision maker on if story should proceed past the ‘idea’ stage.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
- Four or more years of experience as a Business / Systems Analyst in a large applications team.
- Exposure to Agile Software Methodologies.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, e-mail, etc.).
- Strong business knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts.
- Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6504969-senior-business-analyst