Senior Java Developer / Lead - Kforce Inc (New York, NY)
Responsibilities of Senior Software Developer:
* As part of a cross-functional software team, you'll be commissioned with delivering new and innovative platforms, products, and/or product functions for schools, districts, and states across the country.
* Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software for our technology platform and full suite of products.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as software design and development processes.
* Learn more than you have anywhere else in your career
* Other specific responsibilities vary by project area and experience, but may include technical leadership of a software project team.
Requirements of Senior Software Developer:
* A BS / MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, followed by at least 7-8 years of professional software development experience
* Proven technical leadership experience in a professional environment including ownership and delivery of a sizable product or product component
* Strong fundamentals (OO, algorithms, and data structures)
* Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), preferably in Java
* Fluency in at least another OO or scripting language such as Python, C++, C#, or Ruby
* Taste for simplicity and elegance in technical design and implementation as well as an appreciation for test driven development and building software 'The Right Way'
* Significant open source contributions
* Advanced front-end skills
* Experience with PostgreSQL
* Experience with Oracle. SQL and PL/SQL expertise
* Experience with server-side Java technologies and major application servers
* Familiarity with UNIX tools
• Post ID: 36222211 newyork