What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a Senior Network Architect with the capability to lead and transform IT Enterprise Architecture for Wireline/Wireless Network Organization. This is a high profile leadership role that needs collaboration with other architects and Domain Experts to develop Reference architecture for the Network & Technology Organization and consistently drive the implementation towards the end state.
This role includes:
- Equal parts Enterprise Architecture Realization and Thought Leadership.
- Heavy emphasis on evolving OSS Reference architecture imbibing Enterprise Architecture principles (Service Orientation, Micro/Macro Services etc.) and SDLC transformation (DevOps, Agile) etc.
- Develop Verizon Strategy and Implementation towards Software-defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), leveraging the various Industry Standards and Frameworks (ETSI, TMF, IETF etc.) for our Wireline and Wireless Infrastructure.
- Provide thought leadership to adopt new technologies (Machine Learning, AI, IOT, 5G, and Virtual disaggregation of Network devices – SDN/NFV etc.) in our Wireline and Wireless Networks.
- Drive proof-of-concepts with selected vendors, and develop Use cases and lead technical and commercial feasibility studies.
- Be involved in making high-level architectural and design decisions across a variety of Virtual services providing technical, hands-on leadership.
- Deliver high-quality Executive architecture presentations and demonstrations.
The candidate must have expertise in leading technical engineering teams in an OSS environment and be able to drive the integration of processes and systems as well as collaborating with a team of Sr. Architects and integration engineers. This position will drive a team that provides the end to end process and systems leadership to successfully complete large Network programs on time with well managed scope and cost.
He or she will regularly lead multiple medium to large-scale projects and provides guidance to staff members and peers. The candidate will develop resolutions to complex problems that require the use of creativity and makes decisions that impact projects and staff members. The candidate must exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. He or she will drive the creation of end to end artifacts and recruit support in the solutions architecture across portfolios and support Network planning in collaborative design sessions. The candidate will work with minimum supervision and collaboratively drive solutions promoting sound architecture principles like SOA, simplicity and component reuse etc. in an objective manner to solve complex problems.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in strategic planning (network, services), transformation programs or delivering solutions (Strategic and Tactical Solutions Architecture).
- Knowledge in NFV/SDN (benefits, technologies, key vendors, use cases, etc.)
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV concepts and the ecosystem - SDN controller, ONF, ETSI NFV, Opendaylight, Openstack, VMWare.
- Experience with SOA Architecture Framework, Network protocols (NETCONF, REST etc.) and Model Driven Architecture (TOSCA, YANG etc.)
- Knowledge of Virtual Networking Products like Cisco IWAN, SD-WAN and Premised based and Cloud based Security solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud Apps & Cloud Aware software Implementation. Understanding of Cloud technologies & ecosystems DOCKERS, Elasticity Manager, etc.
- Knowledge of Wireline and Wireless Network for access, transport, edge and core networks.
- Experience with Traditional router hardware and software architecture, and the Data & Control plane.
- Knowledge in telecom technologies, industry trends (network architectures, technologies, services) used in wireline, wireless or cable operators.
Even better if you have:
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience
- Strong background in network solutions and architectures (legacy and next gen) including customer expectations and pain points.
- Experience with telecom business processes related to BSS and OSS operations.
- Excellent facilitation & presentation skills, written and oral Communication.
- Ability to exert influence, gain consensus and broker solutions between senior leaders.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to large programs in terms technical or operational direction.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6744354-senior-network-architect
• Post ID: 117874173 newyork