SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER - LLOYDIT (New York, NY)
Provides leadership, coordination, and communication for projects / solutions, including architecting and implementation the deployment of various networking/security technologies across domestic and international networks. The individual will define scope for projects and ensure that all deliverables and standards (both technical and procedural) are met. Enterprise Data Center Network Architecture and engineering will be an intrinsic part of this role as well as hands on network management.
This role is to ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the infrastructure. In addition, the Network Engineering Lead will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Required Hard Skills
- Minimum of 8+ years in the Network and Security Technology fields with specific experience in hosting or enterprise data center services consisting of 1500+ production servers
- Extensive Experience with Cisco Enterprise Switching Catalyst 6500s (iOS), Nexus 7000s (Nx-OS), Routers 3600s & 7200s, FWSM & ASA Firewalls.
Additional Hard Skills
- Experience with CheckPoint SPLAT R70+.
- Experience with F5 LTM BigIP L7 Switches managing Web Farms & F5 FirePass SSL VPN Concentrators.
- Experience managing projects and addressing issues which may impact timelines, revenue, or budgets.
- Strong Leadership Skills and work ethic.
- Strong analytical experience in debugging and diagnosing complex network issues and reporting on prognosis and or root cause specifics
- Ability to translate complex technological issues across skill sets and act as a liaison between teams.
- Self-starting with the ability to learn on the fly and respond to network/security issues with a high sense of urgency and ownership while understanding how they affect the bigger picture.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Avaya VoIP Background.
- RiverBed, BlueCoat, RSA Infrastructure and Sniffers.
- Some project management skills preferred.
Bachelors degree in IS/IT, Science, or other technologically relevant field, or equivalent experience. Industry Certifications: CCIE or equivalent experience, CISSP.
• Post ID: 36064095 newyork