Senior Professional Services Engineer - BWG (New York, NY)
One of our clients, mid-size cloud technology company looking for an enthusiastic Professional Services Engineer.
The company is a global leader in developing innovative technology!
The Location is in San Jose, CA or New York, NY.
To be considered immediately, please send your resume with salary history/requirements.
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will become a product expert in our products, providing consulting services directly to our customers that include world-leading financial services, retail, telecommunications and mobile carriers and leading Internet media organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date technical expertise, including best practices around development, installation, configuration, tuning, optimization and run-time management.
- Manage professional relationships with customer technical staff and understand their technical path, providing guidance and acting as advocate for company technology
- Successfully deliver Professional services, including hands-on programming, analysis, debugging, communication and technical issue resolution
- Coordinate activities between internal groups & partners.
- Hands-on experience with one or more public or private cloud solutions (Amazon EC2, CloudStack, OpenStack, Rackspace, etc.) and cloud automation
- Linux/Windows and virtualization technologies
- Experience with Shell and batch scripting
- Understanding of networking
- Development experience with Groovy or Java
- Experience with middleware concepts and deployment architectures
- Experience working with Enterprise IT and Operations teams
- Passionate about technology and current trends, with no hesitation to roll up your sleeves and dive in to learn a new technology
- Strong written and oral communications sills
- Flexible to travel frequently (up to 50%)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior DevOps Engineering experience
- Familiarity and prior experience with some of the following: Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Capistrano, OpenStack, Jenkins, Splunk, monitoring tools
- Experience working with dynamic languages, such as Groovy, Ruby or Python
- Previous experience in consulting or professional services role
- Be a contributor, a team player and with great personal relationship skills
- Feel comfortable in a dynamic environment
• Post ID: 35669210 newyork