Verizon Business Markets (VBM) is a newly created strategic business unit within Operations, to serve the wireline communications and networking technology needs of U.S.-based small and medium businesses, and state and local government. The Digital organization within IT will be focused on enabling an eco-system that hones in on digitizing the customer experience through technology with a cloud/mobile first tenet, and analytics to enable new products, directional product bundles, and third party solution – all to enable new revenue streams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features by quickly understanding requirements and producing good quality code
- Be a subject matter expert by identifying technology trends and platforms (including web and mobile apps) and collaborate with other team members to make recommendations based on the company’s needs
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution
- Help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including impacting the development of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and implement strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence
- Identify competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and provide an assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles to the success of the project
- Help the Sr. Developer with the design elements
- Coding/troubleshooting/fix bugs
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Development experience in building and deploying web and mobile-based product, software design and development in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Five or more years of development experience in building and deploying web and mobile-based product, software design and development in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Expertise in responsive web design, and cross-browsers compatibility and DevOps environment and working with CI/CD methodologies
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Kanban, TDD or Scrum
- Familiarity working with project tracking systems, such as Jira or YouTrack, a GIT repository and
- continuous integration environments
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated, solid interpersonal skills and a good communicator
- Extremely detailed oriented, committed to excellence and takes unrelenting pride in the code you write
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications
- Excellent problem solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment within a start-up culture
- Rigor and a disciplined approach in A/B testing, test coverage, quality assurance and other software development best practices
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization, information security vulnerabilities and risk management
- Experience with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements a plus
- Experience with online retail or payments industry a plus
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6504656-software-application-engineer