What you’ll be doing...
You will manage an application development team and manage projects to drive the digital transformation of operational centers for dispatch, workforce management, capacity management and customer communication functions for all of our consumer, business and enterprise customers. You will provide thought leadership, strategy and direction to the business and team to automate existing functions and improve customer service levels. You will use technology expertise with data analytics to develop solutions.
You will lead a strong team of software engineers, data scientists and testers. You will have strong leadership skills and experience working with cross-functional teams across various workgroups. You will have exceptional communication skills both written and spoken and should be comfortable leading a call with technical teams or giving a presentation or update to executives. You will also have broad experience in application development, systems engineering and IT management.
You will be able to:
- Manage schedules, be accountable and deliver projects on time in a fast paced agile environment.
- Contribute technically and own architectural oversight of system/services.
- Build a culture focused on speed and agility, avoiding silos and focused outward on the customer.
- Align technology to business strategy, and proactively drive technical direction throughout the organization.
- Drive results within budget, time and quality.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing a technical team.
- Development experience using .Net, Java and other high level languages on both Intel and Unix environments.
- Experience using DevOps tool set such as Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Nunit, Junit, Selenium.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in telecom domain with deep knowledge of dispatch, field operations and provisioning systems.
- Experience with designing user interfaces for mobile and desktop applications that provide a responsive and simple experience to users.
- Experience in managing onshore-offshore delivery model.
- Experience with enterprise application development, large databases, reporting systems, data analytics, web based applications for both desktop and mobile applications.
- Experience with webservices, high volume transactional systems, performance tuning of databases and applications.
- Experience with Quantitative and Qualitative data analysis as well as Predictive and Prescriptive analytics.
- Experience with AWS cloud migration and systems.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning.
- Experience with Mobility applications.
- Working knowledge of self-serve analytic tools for business users.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7290774-software-development-manager
• Post ID: 125194788 newyork