What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work fairly independently on more complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent.
- Manage next generation reusable provisioning and inventory platform
- Run governance for the open source platform allowing multiple organizations to contribute
- Enforce DevOps automation practices
- Impose security principles and compliance
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
- In-depth experience in DevOps suite using Jira/Jenkins/Confluence, etc.
- Experience in system architecture/design.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, SQL and Web servers.
- Experience in Cloud compatible software design including scalability support.
- Experience using AWS platform.
- Good understanding of SDN/NFV concepts and the ecosystem - SDN controller, ONF, ETSI NFV, Opendaylight, Openstack, VMware.
- Experience in working on transport and/or Layer 2 and/or wireless network.
- Experience in presenting candidate's own work.
- Ability to communicate clearly to peers, team and management.
- Candidate must be a self-learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6728980-systems-engineering-senior-manager
• Post ID: 99381533 newyork