What you’ll be doing...
The OpenDev team requires a new skillset as we progress toward the development of Open IMS and Open EPC Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) in a cloud environment. We need strong technical contributors who will help build the technical foundation of the team. The team's goal is to create completely cloud native open source IMS and EPC cores . The team is also exploring the 5G use cases for IoT and OpenEPC. The responsibility is national in scope as the incumbent will work collaboratively with teams in Network, the individual NEC, SAP sites, various IT locations, as well as disparate team locations. The candidate will review 3GPP reference specs and write C/C++ software as well as refactor the IMS and EPC network element code into cloud friendly open source microservices.
The position will contribute to the team by designing, documenting, and programming using C/C++ the OpenIMS and OpenEPC network elements. As part of this work the position will execute continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD), while leveraging DevOps best practices. The position also requires the creation of APIs and service integration techniques, software decomposition and conversion to cloud native/friendly micro services. The position will provide troubleshooting and triage of problem reports, resolutions, and escalate as required. The position includes a willingness to enhance team learning environment by collaborating and contributing with team leads as well as other team members.
In the DevOps methodology being used by the team, the MTS IV will be responsible for keeping the Kanban board up to date with their individual tasks which support the "Epic Stories" defined by the OpenDev technical leadership. This includes defining properly scoped tasks with timelines for completion and relationships to other tasks within the Kanban board.
- Design, build, test, deploy and operate application services and APIs supporting IMS and EPC core network elements
- Execute continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevOps best practices
- Envision, architect, document, and support API and use of API
- Provide architectural input including review of services and APIs within the ecosystem
- Provide service integration techniques
- Software decomposition and conversion to cloud friendly micro services where appropriate
- Discovery of dependencies, and repeating infrastructure, platform, or application component issues
- Troubleshoot and triage problem reports, resolve, and escalate as required
- Produce documentation for code, APIs, and procedures
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of relvant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Expert software development (C/C++).
- Strong message queuing and micro-services orchestration.
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and Web Applications on the Nginx platform utilizing Lua language and Nginx modules
- Technical leadership experience working with solutions at scale.
- Very strong understanding of 3GPP IMS and EPC and Verizon's IMS and EPC Core Implementations.
- Experience with OpenStack solution architecture.
- Familiarity with Verizon core network elements.
- Willingness to enhance team learning environment by collaborating with other team members.
- DBMS troubleshooting skill set.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and fire walls.
- Experienced system architecture and design.
- Experienced Linux systems administration (prefer in Virtualized environment).
- Contributions to open-source projects.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6837316-software-engineer
• Post ID: 117872353 newyork