What you’ll be doing...
Lead a team of highly skilled, pre-sales Solutions Architects (SA) whose objective is to manage, enable, and certify that the core SA community is technically competent and able to deliver customer messaging with consistency. Additionally, this individual will manage the team’s engagement in complex integrated solutions that deliver on a client’s specific business outcomes. The role’s primary outputs are:
- Articulate and disseminate the Innovation Architects capabilities.
- Ensure the Innovation Architects remain customer facing, technologically relevant, and contributing to the growth of a technically superior SA community.
- Management of the Virtual Product Groups, including related projects and content.
- YoY increase in number of SAs certified.
The primary responsibility is to deliver an industry-leading certification program that enables an increase in sales through business outcomes conversations, demonstrations, proofs-of-concept (POC) as well as field enablement that clients, partners and sales benefit from. Additional key areas of responsibility include:
- Reporting of the quantitative results of utilization.
- Growth and quality of the certification program.
- Management of the Virtual Product Group Communities to enhance communication and dissemination of information.
- Project team representation key focus area.
- Create and manage technical documentation that is clear and concise throughout its lifecycle.
- Identify best-fit technology to be a voice into the sales community.
- Mentor and consistently drive cultural change, to cultivate an open and collaborative SA community.
- Manage delivery of four distinct levels of certification – ensure Innovation Architects continue to drive updated content.
- Drive Solution Selling and Business Conversation enablement through the Innovation Architects.
- Ensure team remains customer-focused.
- Measure, analyze and optimize performance though utilization of SFDC metrics.
- Ensure effective leadership and management of Virtual Product Groups (VPG).
- Continually Identify opportunities for more effective technical support to the sales team.
- Monitor and redirect efforts and resources as appropriate to maximize sales results.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with senior management and executive levels.
- Interface directly with client personnel at all levels as required to provide consistent, high quality technical support and to develop sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in executive briefings and customer presentations.
- Conduct periodic operations reviews with SAs to maintain a focus and cadence on excellence.
- Ensure all SA's complete training against assigned curriculum roadmaps in timely manner.
- Conduct frequent, regular one-on-one sessions with each SA.
- Address performance concerns and ensure PDP or PIP is implemented as necessary in accordance with HR guidelines.
- Accelerate strategic service solutions bundles.
- Look for the opportunities to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Manage budget to 100% versus plan.
- Consistently share successes and expertise across the SA community.
- Engage peer organizations to resolve customer issues.
- Provide timely market information, drivers and customer feedback to our partner organizations for product and technology positioning and enhancements.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- MS or MBA degree.
- 10 or more years of experience in a variety of disciplines related to the selling of IT and managed telecommunications solutions. Disciplines to include:
- Data and IP Services
- Managed Network Services / Security Solutions
- Managed Mobility Solutions
- Cloud Services
- Data Center Outsourcing
- Unified Communications & Collaboration Services
- IT Applications Management
- 7 or more years in a customer facing leadership role with accountability for end to end delivery (i.e. Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Service Delivery Architect).
- 5 or more years of architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and/or telecom based products and service.
- 5 or more years of experience delivering customer presentations and preparing customer-facing material such as RFP responses, proactive proposals and network/system designs.
- Versed in TOGAF and/or ITIL standards for architecture and delivery.
- Strong financial analysis experience (P&L, ROI, cost analysis, business case development, etc).
- Current and valid industry certifications in one or more of the following:
- Cisco: Cisco Certified Design Associate/ Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCDA/CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional/ Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCNP/CCDP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) or higher
- Microsoft, Tandberg, and/or Polycom
- Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies.
- Successful project delivery in a Fortune 100 company.
- “Big 4" consulting experience.
- Experience in the Media, Entertainment or Technology Verticals.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8013321-solutions-innovation-architecture-senior-manager
• Post ID: 136690792 newyork