Systems Architect - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition - Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ)
processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways
to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage
to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business
partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will
make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can
have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Leverage expertise to develop a best of class OBIEE environment for new and existing applications.
- Deploy OBIEE mobile applications which provide critical analytical and timely information to executives.
- Manage the OBIEE architecture (RPD, Mobile Apps, etc.).This includes developing a federated model that integrates multiple data sources, such as Teradata Data Warehouses, Hyperion Essbase cubes, and other relational or multidimensional data sources.
- Design and implement changes to the OBIEE RPD to support new projects.
- Identify impacts to the RPD through the change control process.Update and reconcile the RPD based on changes in the business / hierarchies.
- Manage system testing on the business side (upgrades, patches, new implementations) for both desktop and mobile applications.
- Monitor the performance of the OBIEE environment and work with the Business and IT to implement strategies to ensure SLAs are met.
- Point person for user inquiries related to system issues.Respond and resolve issues submitted by users utilizing a customer-focused approach.
- Liaison between Business & IT, providing user notifications on any system processes impacting OBIEE (outages, maintenance, etc.)
- Ensure desktop procedures and control documentation are developed and maintained.
- Complete tasks independently and make decisions and recommendations that comply with management objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing and developing OBIEE applications
- Experience with OBIEE 11g.
- Knowledge in designing and developing large enterprise scale RPD and subject areas in OBIEE.
- Experience with OBIEE Mobile application development
- Knowledge of SQL and one or more relational database platform (Teradata, Oracle,etc).
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts both relational and dimensional.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, or MIS. MBA preferred. Will consider Computer Science degrees with relevant work experience in BI reporting.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, technical concepts and obstacles with management.
- Candidate should be familiar with the systems development life cycle (SDLC) standards
- Flexibility in the face of changing requirements and priorities, detail-oriented and quality driven results.
- Five or more years of relevant wireless and/or technology industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience tuning and working with a Exalytics environments is a plus.
- Knowledge of other Hyperion tools (HFM, Essbase, Planning) is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Excel functions and advanced knowledge of Word, and PowerPoint. Visio and MS Project experience a plus.
- Solid writing skills, and the ability to translate user requests into functional requirements, as well as effectively describe technical specifications to business users, both verbally and through documentation.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Ability to work extended hours on-site during critical projects as needed to meet deliverables.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 117871408 newyork