What you’ll be doing...
You will be a part of the Global Network & Technology organization focusing on the technology architecture. As part of this team, you will work on the Enterprise and Technology architecture initiatives.
- Work with planning and operations teams, vendors, standards and SMEs to construct architecture for technology-focused initiatives.
- Work with Product, IT and vendors to analyze options for Enterprise-centric initiatives and make recommendations.
- Plan and execute proof of concepts (in the lab) for niche and emerging technologies.
- You will interact with multiple stakeholders such as IT dev team, project managers, Operations teams, Planners, partners, and more.
- Responsible for providing the thought leadership to the cross-functional team in crafting solutions, and describing the impact of the new solution to systems and processes.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, EE, ECE or related discipline; or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Wireless or Core Network; OSI Model.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Hands-on experience of interacting with vendors.
- Good understanding of one or more of these topics:
- Verizon IT landscape - VCM, VzW, VES or VPS
- Wireless Network
- FiOS Network
- Enterprise / Core Network
- Enterprise Products & Services
- SDN & NFV
- Wireline or Wireless Network or Fields Operations or Planning
- Demonstrated analytical skills, written and verbal communications skills; with the well-exhibited ability to work in a team environment.
- In-depth familiarity with Verizon IT systems and flows.
- Knowledge of wireless network – LTE, IMS, MPN, RAN, Radio.
- Knowledge of wireline networks and services – Private and Public IP network services, Switched Ethernet Services, Managed network services.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies such as MEC, eUICC, Wifi-Mesh, Block-chain.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2524723-systems-architect
• Post ID: 163143687 newyork