What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
- You will regularly lead multiple medium-size projects or a large project, perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuring and scheduling.
- You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects & staff members.
- This position is responsible for leading a team of developers to build Microservices to serve a frontend for native android/ios mobile application.
- You will be responsible for architectural analysis, building Microservices, guiding team through mobile app integration, producing specific deliverables relating to various phases of the systems life cycle.
- Works independently as a team lead on medium to large projects of high complexity & provides direction and supervision to other team members.
- Collect client requirements, performs analysis, writes program specifications and develops designs for medium size projects. Performs technical evaluation of products.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in a timely fashion with measurable effectiveness. Proactively communicates status reports and issues to manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience in web application design and development.
Even better if you have:
- J2EE, JDK 1.6, JSP/Servlets, WAS 7.x, XML.
- Experience with BEA/Oracle Message Queue, MQ Series, D Series.
- Experience in Multithreading.
- Experience using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices.
- Experience in RESTful API development.
- Proficiency with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc…
- Proficiency with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Proficiency with orchestration template technologies such as: OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, and Hashicorp Terraform
- Proficiency in developing cloud-native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
- Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as: Docker, rkt, Mesos, or Kubernetes
- Experience with platform-as-a-service technologies such as: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, or Heroku.
- Experience across multiple technologies and applications and directly impact the Public Cloud and DevOps transformation
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Good communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience in DevOps.
- Hands-on engineering leader with deep coding skills,
- DevOps/SDLC platform and tooling, as well as Cloud Platform technologies
- Passionate about teaching, mentoring, and coaching others on improving how we build technology.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6824297-senior-java-developer
• Post ID: 117873168 newyork