What you’ll be doing...
The Product Development Application team is chartered with the end-to-end ownership of our Verizon Wireless Mobile Application portfolio like Family Base, Family Locator, Indycar Mobile, Dynamic Preload platform, Location Based applications like VZNav, AppFlash, NameId Services and Music/RBT. The individual reports to a Manager and interfaces extensively with all disciplines internal to Verizon (Internal Organizations: Network planning and operations, Device Marketing, Product Line Marketing, and External Companies: App developers, content partners etc.)
The Mobile Technology Engineer will work independently and collaboratively on our Feature Phone platform support and partner with another team member on our Parental and Navigation based Mobile products to:
- Support the existing products on new device launches. Work with development and support teams to resolve customer related field issues.
- Provide focus on the customer Out-Of-Box experience and network reliability for all new products as well as modifications to existing products
- Assess vendors, keep current on industry standards, standards changes as well as be able to make technical recommendations (subject matter expert)
- Gather marketing requirements and translate them into an architecture that delivers a superior customer experience
- Coordinate the deployment, testing and acceptance of all architecture related to his/her products in the Verizon Wireless footprint
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Mobile Product development
- Experience with managing/designing carrier mobile apps or consumer apps focused on parental controls and location
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or Marketing
- A Master’s degree
- Knowledge of wireless networks, especially LTE
- Knowledge of mobile devices, mobile operating systems, wireless applications, wireless consumer trends
- Detail knowledge of client/server and/or distributed computing architecture, router-based networks utilizing TCP/IP or OSI protocols (TCP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, SOAP).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Project Management background is a plus)
- Strong technical (e.g., software systems design) and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and Operating Systems
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6846490-product-development-engineer-mobile-applications
• Post ID: 117871298 newyork