What you’ll be doing...
The Technology organization is searching for a motivated, positive self-starter who will drive the development and application of new technologies such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, API Platforms, and IoT. Advancements in these technologies will expand exponentially in upcoming years, and the candidate will be responsible for optimizing their implementation and leveraging the planned network evolution to LTE-A and 5G. The primary focus of the team will be identifying and initiating opportunities, building collaboration, and influencing strategic direction by raising visibility of trends and issues across the competitive landscape. The position requires a deep understanding of network technologies, industry trends and business drivers, as well as a strong desire to learn.
The candidate will drive cross functional initiatives, develop action plans, establish milestones, and provide status updates in the form of Technology Forum briefings. The position is highly visible and requires frequent interaction with all levels of management across Technology and partner organizations.
- Support Technology Forum sub groups including CTO/SVP, VP and Director cross organizational teams
- Organize and lead cross functional teams to share information, build collaboration, and facilitate the execution of new opportunities that leverage technological investments and organizational expertise
- Research new technology opportunities, investigate industry trends, and deliver compelling, data driven recommendations to guide business decisions and improve business performance
- Demonstrate strong leadership and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the company
- Lead initiatives as identified by senior leadership. Current programs include:
- Data Analytics/Big Data/AI
- Asset Management
- Technology Partnerships & Development
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in performing planning, development and/or program management.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field.
- PMP Certification.
- Knowledge of networking and network architecture.
- Experience in data analytics application development.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6834420-technical-program-manager
• Post ID: 117871558 newyork