You will be a key member of HQ planning team, leading the evolution effort of VZW Network services. You will have the opportunities to lead the Product and Services evolution supporting all Product domains in consumer, enterprise, MVNO and IoT domains. As a subject matter expert, you will also provide technical leadership and provide direction to vendors and internal organizations. In this role, you will
Work with Network element SMEs, NNO, MTCE, IT, Product teams for technical requirements, end to end solution design.
Work on enterprise IP routing services like DMNR, LMA, MPLS integration.
Work with Network SME on new Verizon services, technology evolution from 3GPP standards and cloud technologies and help Product Domains with new products/services supported and help Network SMEs to map business requirements into technical features.
Develop end to end solutions like Mobile Private Network, (orchestration, adjunct network elements).
Research/evaluate new technologies and translate business objectives and strategies into viable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- In-depth working knowledge of networking and network architecture (routing/switching/IP), and excellent inter-personal skills (influencing others to get things done).
- Expert knowledge pertaining to wireless network infrastructure (Network elements, inter element call flows etc), vendors and their products.
- In-depth working knowledge in wireless and networking technologies and protocols including SIP, RTP, SCP, CDMA, LTE, IMS, Mobile IP, routing (BGP,OSPF), MPLS, IP address (v4 & v6)
- Service Orchestration, Cisco NSO development, Service Workflow development.
- Experience in network planning (working on capacity planning, Network evolution, strategic planning) or deployment
- Experience in cloud-computing/virtualization technologies
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly. Ability to perform independent system analysis, design and plan implementation.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6497781-wireless-technology-architect