Direct Care Worker- Developmental Disability Services - Episcopal Social Services of NY (Bronx, NY)
The Direct Care Worker (DCW) will ensure the safety and well-being of adults with developmental disabilities who live in a group home located in Bronx, New York. By providing consistent and quality comfort, care, training, and support, the DCW empowers our clients to engage in day-to-day activities. This includes toileting, feeding, showering, dressing, and maintaining health and hygiene.
1. The respectful engagement of people with developmental disabilities.
2. Maintaining accurate logs of daily activities including but not limited to: medication administration, vehicle log books, daily activities, fire drill logs etc.
3. Working as a team with other DCW's to provide a safe and stable space for our clients to stay in.
4. Bringing our clients into the community to engage in numerous activities and to help teach daily living skills.
5. Maintaining the order and cleanliness of the group home (including doing laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, surfaces).
6. Live through the values at ESS to ensure that we are transforming the lives and communities of New Yorkers in need.
1. Must be a team-player, work well with peers, and have effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Valid NYS Driver's license REQUIRED
3. Although training will be provided, candidates with SCIP, AMAP, CPR, and First Aid Trainings are preferred.
4. A positive attitude and comfort working with the population. Previous experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
5. G.E.D. or High School Diploma Required.
• Post ID: 36488794 newyork